Our client, a global leading expert in a niche type of market research, has an international network of 18 own subsidiaries as well as business partners worldwide, operating in more than 70 countries across the globe. Present in Romania since many years, the organization is looking for a General Manager to lead a successful local team and expand the operations in Romania.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations management, including achievement of financial performance, team leadership, marketing & sales, regulatory and company policies' compliance. This position reports to the Regional Manager.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of business units for Romania, including syndicated marketing research products and services as well as ad hoc (custom) marketing research products
- Achieve financial and other management objectives
- Hire, develop, and lead the Romanian operations and business support team
- Coordinate marketing and sales efforts
- Ensure compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with firm/regulatory standards and policies.
- Maintain and develop best practices in accordance with all state and EU laws with focus in compliance and risk controls.
The General Manager must be a strategic thinker with excellent general management skills, also with demonstrated knowledge of marketing research methods and practices.
Key candidate’s attributes include:
- 8+ years of experience working in people’s management in marketing research or data sciences or marketing or business development (all in one would be a strong advantage)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of academics
- Experience of at least 5 years of general management in a global organization
- Understanding of agribusiness marketing research
- Demonstrated revenue growth and business-building success
- Strong team leadership skills
- Financial acumen including P&L, cash flow management and balance sheet.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to engage, connect, and build consensus across a broad spectrum of audiences
- Executive presence
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Inspires trust
- Can do, action oriented
- Good organization skills
- Proactive, with high accountability and results drive
- Proven decision making skills
- Structured thinking, balance between micro and macro view
- Dynamic, positive person
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected will be contacted.