Finance and Administration Director / Retail Industry
Our client is an entrepreneurial group of companies in several industries that are in different life cycle stages from start up to growing and consolidation. In particular one of the business lines will see significant investment in the next 3 years. The diversity and dynamics of the business lines require strengthening the management team with a Director Finance & Administration (DFA)
For the expansion and consolidation plans of the company, DFA will coordinate the financial and administration activity in several business lines and a focus on the retail activities. The position is based in Bucharest.
- Managing the finance function including accounting, controlling reporting, financing, taxation and representation of the company towards the fiscal authorities
- Validation of the strategic / investment commercial plans as well as implementation of operational components that assure effective administration of the businesses
- Contribute to increasing the profitability and commercial development of the company by providing business insights and alternatives from financial reporting and secure integrity and best use of business assets
- Coordinates and supervises the finance and accounting activities of the company: planning, reporting, taxes, cost controlling, treasury, etc;
- Evaluates financial reporting systems, accounting and collection procedures, investment activities, and makes recommendations for optimising procedures, operating systems, budgets, and other financial control functions;
- Initiates, plans and executes special projects to improve and optimize the financial situation of the company, in particular the cost structure;
- Identifies variances and suggests relevant actions plans;
- Communicates clearly and directly with managers and employees concerning financial performance expectations, productivity and accountability;
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with the fiscal authorities;
- Human Resources area with the help of an external company;
- Responsible for the relations to banks and other financial institutions;
- Manages and coaches subordinated team.
Main job based competencies & requirements:
- At least 5 years of experience on a senior/middle management position, preferably within an international/multinational company;
- At least 10 years of experience in finance field;
- At least 2 years of experience in Retail;
- Statutory, compliance knowledge;
- Budgeting and reporting.