Our client is a European leader in banking and financial services with presence in more than 80 countries across the globe.
- Assists the Compliance Head in identifying, evaluating, monitoring and reporting of the compliance risk;
- Understands, interprets and implements compliance regulatory requirements & NBR rules across the business areas, under the supervision of the Compliance Head; participates to the implementation of internal policies and procedures on the prevention of money laundering and combat of terrorism financing as well as those related to international sanctions.
- Preparation, implementation and control of the local standards and procedures, relative to Financial Security (prevention of money laundering, the fight against corruption and terrorist financing, compliance with financial embargoes, declarations of suspicions),
- Handles the compliance topics related to employees (professional conduct rules, code of conduct, conflict of interest involving employees, policy regarding gifts, private mandates, Chinese walls)
- Deals with day to day AML and CFT issues including AML, CFT investigations, monitoring, researches and enquiries (internal), gives opinions on KYC related issues.
- Training of employees on Compliance related topics, under the Compliance Head supervision
- Provides regular or upon request reports to Group Compliance;
- Identifies potential regulatory risks, determines their likelihood and consequences for the business and informs the Compliance Head;
- Alerts the Compliance Head on all matters that require such escalation, especially the occurrence of major reputation risk ;
- Contributes to the identification and management of conflicts of interest arising across the Business Lines and Functions;
- Is actively involved in the process of new product or services development from regulatory perspective and provide input on drafting/updating standard form documents;
- Participates in compliance-related monitoring procedures and reviews to ensure all risks are identified, controls implemented, and policies complied with;
- Implements other Compliance Group/functions procedures, which are relevant locally (e.g. KYC procedure, whistle blowing, gift policy, inside trading, Chinese walls), under the supervision of the Compliance Head;
- Actively supports the Compliance Head in all related compliance duties
- Conduct enhanced due diligence investigations
- Escalate the suspicious activities and provide support for the escalation process
- Build and adapt knowledge of money laundering processes
- Correspond with the customer service department, the relationship managers and the compliance team.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant banking area;
- University / college degree in economics or finance;
- Fluency in English in written and verbally;
- Knowledge of compliance regulations and money laundering and terrorist financing schemes;
- Good understanding of compliance and legal operational tools;
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Strong working ethics and working independently;
- AML specific practical experience is an advantage;
- Proficiency in MS Office.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected will be contacted.