Business Development Project Director
Our client is an international retailer with a network of over 1000 stores in several countries with a global turnover of turnover of 20+ bn EUR. In Romania our client operates 30+ stores and passes through a large scale change across the business, with the ambition to become the retiler of choice in its sector. The expansion will be extensive and will impact space, merchandising, and ways of working, operational processes, customer experience, ways of shopping, delivery changes, marketing communication, financial impact, business modelling and colleagues' training.
To suport this ambitious goal we seek a Business Development Project Director to lead a transformational growth project across all Business Units and functions (Finance, Operations, Commercial, IT, HR, Supply Chain / Logistics, etc) that will maximize the business potential with a new competitive advantage on the market place.
Understand the challenges this change will bring to the various functions and where the risks are, including:
To create an escalation process internally, to raise risks and issues on a weekly basis for the Trading Director and Operations Director.
Create a short, mid and long term plan
Establish Governance processes
- Ideally the candidate will have wide retail management experience and a sound background of Operations; omni-channel experience is highly desired; DIY industry’s (marketplace, shopping behavior and profitability drivers) is a major plus
- 5+ years of complex relevant successful experience in project & process management for large/ complex cross functional projects (business transformation, business simplification, post M&A integration etc.)
- Working in multinational environment cooperating across functions and departments; skilled at getting the best out of people who are not part of their own team / key stakeholders / experts, to ensure the plan is the best it can be
- Deep understanding and application of various demand & delivery methodologies
- Understands strategy and direction and formulate plans to delivery against goals
- Able to work cross functional with peer group
- Ability to understand and make conclusions from financial information / KPIs
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with a high sense of prioritizing
- FLEXIBLE: adapt and flex their style to suit different projects and priorities
- DETAIL ORIENTATED: someone who will drill down into the detail to understand the complexities across various business functions.
- CURIOUS : someone who will ask questions for knowledge growth, to aid decisions and to ensure best outcome; mental agility
- SELF STARTER: able to work on their own initiative with some direction
- PEOPLE SKILLS: good team player/collaborative who gets things done
- COMMUNICATION: skilled at keeping all key stakeholders informed of goals, progress, risks & Issues, outcomes. Is clear about where to go to get results and answers. Also has the ability to articulate clearly to the wider team. Skilled at sharing concisely local specific issues with the Group.
- CONFIDENT: unafraid of challenge and asking questions.
- ENTHUSIASM/PASSION: driven by delivery and keeping to time lines with positive energy
- ENTREPRENEURIAL: Proactive and competitive
- COMPOSURE: Calm and resilient under stress
- LANGUAGES: Excellent written and speaking in English, Fluent in Romanian; French would be an advantage.
The successful candidate is a confident, articulate individual, a consultative mindset challanged by identifying and defining change strategic opportunites. Are you an influential leader, engaging large diverse teams and key stakeholderes into implementing the strategic opportunities ?
This role might be for you !
Note: We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected will be contacted.